Radnor Racquet Club is Open!
We are proud to keep open a premier location for Main Line tennis!
Greetings Radnor Racquet and Main Line Tennis Community,
Health and Safety Measures:
The health and safety of players at RRC is our top priority. To ensure a clean and safe Main Line tennis environment, we have made adjustments in compliance with both CDC guidelines and USTA reopening protocols.
- We require all players to wear masks in the building and while playing on the court unless exempted for a medical condition
- All players are required to sign a Covid waiver prior to play
- We ask that you arrive no more than 10 min before your scheduled time and that after playing you depart the building in a timely manner to reduce contact between groups
- Please bring your own water – water fountains, kitchen sink and vending will not be available (1 sink in locker room will be open)
Additionally, we are:
1. Providing hand sanitizer throughout the facility
2. Making gloves and masks available
3. Increasing cleaning of high touch areas
4. Reducing use of lounge and kitchen/vending areas
5. Limiting gallery viewing
6. Installing a plexiglass shield in the office
We advise all players to review player safety tips as advised by USTA. (link below – copies will be available in the office as well.)
Radnor Racquet Club will be following the USTA guidelines or safe programming and facilities. (link below – copies will be available in the office as well).
Announcement from Sally Baird
The Governor of Pennsylvania (as well as governors from nearby states) have mandated the wearing of masks indoors wherever people gather. USTA Middle States must comply with the mandates of the state. I know it is not anyone’s first choice.
During the past week, Lora Ball and I have received emails from captains regarding a lack of compliance with this state mandate. We are asking you to cooperate with each other and wear your masks and wear them properly when you are playing in your USTA matches.
I know some clubs have not always monitored the wearing of masks. Regardless, during USTA matches you must wear a mask.
If you do not have a medical condition, please don’t say that you do. It is okay to ask someone not wearing a mask to put one on. It is not okay to ask someone with a medical condition to explain.
Captains: if one of your players refuses to wear a mask, find someone else to play if possible. If this isn’t possible, reschedule that court.
There are ways to improve your experience when wearing a mask to play tennis.; when you get a drink regularly, for example.
Here is a link from a local teaching pro who gives some advice about the type of mask to wear to maximize your comfort level wearing a mask while playing.
Click Here for Video
There are only two more matches for mixed doubles and one more for winter before the holidays. Let’s cooperate with each other and have fun. Thanks for listening.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
Sally Baird and Lora Ball
Area League Coordinators
Philadelphia Area Tennis District
Honoring 2019/2020 Contracts, Round Robins and Prepaid Lessons:
We are looking towards solutions that are fair to our players and the Maine Line tennis community:
1. Unused contract time with Radnor Racquet: RRC contract time can be used in the current 2020/2021 season (and can be given to friends/family!)
- If time is not used by 5/14/21 then money will be refunded
- Any questions on contracts should be directed to the office (610) 293-1407 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Unused contract time with Rick Rojas: Rick will credit each contract/round-robin for unused time and will use as a credit for the upcoming season. Please email Rick with any question at email@example.com.
3. Unused Youth Programming time with L3 tennis: L3 will credit unused time as a credit for upcoming lessons/programs. Any questions, please email Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and see you soon!
Radnor Racquet Club
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT RRC ?
New contracts are welcomed and accepted throughout the year based on court availability
• 2020/21 fall-winter rate in effect and contracts start
• Beginner Clinic launching
• Round Robins intra-club starting (session 1)
• Del Tri season starts thru March
• Round Robins – intra club starting (session 2)
• beginner session launching
– Lynne Sundblad Radnor Racquet Club Program Coordinator @ Around the Netpost ANP.Officemanager@gmail.com